Why Go To Polyhedral: Triple Crit?
With last month of 2010 rolling in, we at My Girlfriend is a DM are holding the third POLYHEDRAL, the only RPG-centric event in Metro Manila. With apologies to my friends from outside the archipelago, I must say that if you haven’t been to POLYHEDRAL then you’re totally missing out.
So for today, I present the following reasons why – gaming grognard or curious outsider – you should go check out POLYHEDRAL.
- We’re not exclusive, we’re inclusive. It’s an event focused entirely on being hospitable to newcomers of RPGs and old-time gamers who grew up. Never played an RPG before? Out of touch with the new rules? It doesn’t matter, because our DMs will teach you! You don’t have to do a lot of scary math or make funny voices and we characters are pregenerated for you! And we give out free dice.
- It’s value for money. Okay, so the entrance isn’t chump change. But going to the movies and grabbing dinner and coffee can cost more than that. For PHP 250, we give you two free drinks, a chance at some of the fantastic raffle prizes, games and free dice! You can never have too much dice, so you already win when you enter the door!
- Gladiator combat is awesome. One of the most popular events at POLYHEDRAL – despite the technical hiccups it has endured – is the gladiator combat, where everyone min-maxes to their heart’s content to earn bragging rights and win sweet minis. It’s a party atmosphere like no other when people are cheering for death with drinks in hand.
- The DMs and GMs are welcoming and good-natured. We insist on having no other kind. POLYHEDRAL DMs and GMs know how to teach the rules efficiently, design great scenarios and give people a sample taste of what role-playing games can do. They also know how to make funny voices for the NPCs. Go ahead, ask Ruffi to do one.
- We sell premium quality dice. Our Dice Queen, Corinna, is always there to sell some of the finest dice you can buy. She’s got Chessex which come in many appealing colors and many other premium brands that are hard to find around these here gaming parts. FACT: Most stores didn’t start carrying full polyhedral dice sets again until AFTER the first POLYHEDRAL.
- There’s lots of phat raffle lewt. Our grand raffle prize is the Red Box, which contains everything you need to get you and your friends started on Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition, lots of great miniatures for Star Wars SAGA Edition and Dungeons & Dragons, a set of GameScience dice and a set of Chessex dice. And if you arrive early, we’ll instantly double your chances for the prizes!
So come to POLYHEDRAL: TRIPLE CRIT on December 4th, 2010 at Last Home Resto Bar. Unit 6, Madison Square @ #4 Pioneer Street in Mandaluyong City. Registration starts at 1:00pm!